Saturday 12 September 2009

Apple Mac OS - Snow Leopard

Despite some bad reviews and rumours I am quietly optimistic about Apple's new operating system: Snow Leopard.
I upgraded the G5pro and the MacBook to Snow Leopard (£25 quid upgrade for up to 5 computers). Still not found fault with Snow Leopard, apart from it not letting me use my own Helvetica Neue. It says it has its own and needs it for the system fonts.
So I let it, and it seems to work OK although if I open an old file using Helvetica Neue it says the fonts are missing. I just have to go through the routine of replacing Helvetica Neue with Helvetica Neue.

UPDATE >> It does not recognise drivers to scanner or printers, except an old HP LaserJet machine which is the only one that works. I downloaded all the latest drivers, also checked the Snow Leopard Install disk. Then gave up and attached the scanner to another G5 with regular Leopard installed. Perfect. So don't be hasty buying it folks until someone sorts the driver disaster out.(Bo-ring). 
Other than that it has lots of cool new features.  

No comments:

Post a Comment