Tuesday 21 July 2009

iPhone 3Gs

So I gave in and finally joined the revolution. Two weeks ago I got my iPhone 3Gs and I'm still learning to use it he hee. Weighs a ton, makes one side of my denims lower than the other, but boy is it Coool. It does everything, even GPS moving maps for when you can't find a client in Hammersmith (happened last week). It took me the first week to find out how to turn the alarm off at 06:30am. It seems to "snooze" by default. There are no instructions to speak of. The Apple website has a load of cool videos which extoll the virtues and benefits, but don't tell you how to do the simplest of tasks. It was obviously designed by teenagers who never read manuals anyway. I guess I just need to get stuck in and hit buttons to see what they do. Learning by doing. Burn your finger once and you don't go there again - sort of thing. 

I remember when you used to get a one inch thick manual when you bought a 10 quid calculator. I suppose it saves trees but I am sure it puts greater pressure the psychiatric wards. Anyhow, I can answer phone calls and at the weekend I cracked texting so I am getting there. The first week I decided to tell everyone my new (obligatory) O2 number. I texted it once and "sent to many". Then one of the recipients, my daughter Lizzie, phoned to say I had sent it as an MMS and she had to go onto a website to retrieve it! Oh no! 67 MMS texts at 50p each. Found a little switch in the system settings for sms/mms which cunningly defaults to MMS (cos they make much more money this way). I switched it to OFF and now I can txt lik evry wun els. So if you get one, beware - it's a beast. You may also need to go upmarket with your jeans too. Diesel I find, have very strong pockets. Tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment